Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Limited Sharing

11th October 2012

Well, today run so fast. I just started the day with an appointment with my senior in high school at 9 am. His name is Mas Wakid Yuniarto. Hohoho, finally I can meet him directly. First of all, I'll tell you how can I know him.

I knew him when I was in the last year at senior high school. Of course he was at the college at that time. Actually year gap between us is not close, he was 2005 and I am 2009. I contacted Mas Wakid in order to gain a alot of information about ITB, especially chemical engineering. Bla bla bla bla, and at the end I didn't enter that college.. hehehe. Still thanks at least I am being chemical engineering student of ITS.

One day before we met, I recognized somebody familiar pass by in front of me at department secretariat. "Is he Mas Wakid? Am I right?" I never ever meet him before. Because of hesitation, I kept silent. But I was still curious so I sent him message. Did you know what he say? That's him! He was doing waste water treatment training in my department. Yey, 100 point for me. I could guess correctly, Hehehehe.

I think, it will be very good if we can meet. Although just to talk for a while. What a relief, when he said we can meet when coffee break time. What topics we're talking about? Here it is!

Hopla, he is process engineer in British Petroleoum (BP) in Jakarta. "BP in Jakarta? Process engineer?" at first, it made me confuse. "I handle design. Not handle process problem that was occured directly in the field," he explained.

Because I wasn't interest to learn about design and process problem (it's hard topic to discuss without any real case) so I asked some questions about his experience. How he could pass the interview test of BP, is there anything that I should prepare well to get a job? And many many things.

Well, he told me that English is must if you wanna join multi national company (MNC). And about the interview, we need to make the best impression in front of the interviewer, show off unique side of our personality, and be active in Focus Group Discussion (FGD). How to make it run well? The most powerful weapon is simple. Communication skill!

The company wanna whole package. They don't need the smart one, the best personality one, or the best speaker one. They need the one whose all of it.

"Be confidence!" he said. Whoooa, that word. Believe it or not, somebody may fail because he/she doesn't have it. "I dont know why but I found the student from east region, ITS or UGM usually doesn't have enough confidence to compete. It's very different compared to ITB or UI. We have strong competitive atmosphere because without it means you won't survive." he said again.

Ya ya ya, I got the advices. Thank you so much Mas Wakid. You said success is relative, but it doesn't mean success can't be interpreted rite?

NB:
Mas Wakid: "This building looks like very old."
Me: "Hehehehe. No comment."

No comments:

Post a Comment